Doctor insights on:
What Are The Different Breathing Treatments That Are Available
See a doctor: You need an evaluation.Get a more detailed answer ›
Breathing treatments: Hello. Breathing treatments are a way to deliver medications into restricted airways. With bronchial edema and inflammation commonly seen in asthma, an aerosolized nebulized albuterol solution will open constricted airways. Other medications can be delivered in this method also. It is the preferred method for children and those with an acute infection. ...Read more
Distraction: Anybody who has done a nebulizer knows it's a noisy, scary thing. It vibrates, and sounds like a jet engine. Plus there's steam, and while all this is upsetting the baby, you're going to go cover her face with it. Most babies will calm after awhile as they realize when all this happens their breathing gets easier, but at first, simple distraction is the only trick, with music, tv, puppets, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See doctor: If the breathing treatments are not working, then maybe the dose or frequency needs to be changed. The other possibility is that other medicine(s) need to added to get the desired results. ...Read more
Distraction: Sometimes nothing works but certainly distraction with common things your baby may like such as reading, videos, singing or just be soothing and reassuring with him/her. Be crafty sometimes you can let them help in the process and sometimes you just have to do it! eventually most will settle down and accept it. ...Read more
Severity of asthma: Sometimes additional medication may be necessary to stop an asthma attack. Albuterol is standardly used every 4 hours during an acute exacerbation, but additional medication can be needed. If you want a more detailed answer, feel free to request virtual consult to discuss asthma management acutely and preventively. ...Read more
Vent or no vent: In the ICU breathing treatments are administered the same way as when a patient is on a hospital ward unless the patient is on a ventilator. When they are on the vent the treatment is administered through the mechanical tubing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for hemophilia?
- What are the different symptoms of breathing diesel fumes?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for body lice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for melanoma?
- What are the different forms that elder abuse can take?
- What are the treatments available for beta thalassemia?
- What are some of the treatments available for coronary artery blockage?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free