Doctor insights on:
What Are The Different Appearances Of Oral Candidiasis And Leukoplakia
Oral thrush is also known as Thrush. Oral thrush is a condition in which there is too much candida yeast growth on the surfaces in the mouth or throat. The yeast overgrowth areas appear as whitish spots or patches, or in more severe cases a whitish coating covering most of the ...Read more
Physical exam alone: Leukoplakia lesions are easy to identify. The condition causes white lesions, or patches, on your tongue. The thrush, can be similar in appearance. However, doctors can often remove oral growths on the tongue due to thrush. This makes differential diagnosis between the two conditions easy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Candidiasis: White plaques which do not easily rub off with a q-tip, may be oral candida. This is also painful. It is possible to have anal candidiasis. Oral candida occurs in immunocompramised individual or people on oral or inhaled steroids. Please note that a white patch in the mouth could be leukoplakia and may turn out to be oral cancer. Evaluation is advised. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Fungus in the mouth: The layman term is yeast-infection or thrush. It is a fungal infection (candida albicans) which is quite common infants and can be easily treated by med such as nystatin. In adult, this can happen following antibiotic treatment, oral steroid use as in those for asthma/copd etc...But should be considering immunocompromised states such as hiv/cancer etc..As risk factors. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Coughing: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes it can be: Candida normally inhabits the whole intestinal system, including the oral cavity but your immune system keeps the levels low. When the immune system cannot suppress the growth of candida it overgrows. I think there must be strains of candida that are more aggressive and can lead to overgrowth more and yes you could get this from someone else. I have had cases where patients developed thrush. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for hemophilia?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for body lice?
- What are the different kind of foods and vitamins that are good for your liver?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for melanoma?
- What are the different types of emergency contraception and how do they work?
- What are the causes of rotten egg burps and diarrhea?
- What are the causes of a swelling foot and leg and turning black?
- Talk to a dermatologist online