Doctor insights on:
What Are The Differences Between Poison Ivy And Impetigo
Allergy vs infection: Poison ivy is an allergic reaction, not contagious and will resolve over time even if untreated. After each addition exposure to poison ivy (or poison oak), the reaction is stronger. Impetigo is an infection, typically due to staph aureus, and is contagious. Impetigo needs to be treated with an antibiotic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
My boyfriend had poison ivy then it turned into impetigo. Could i get it? We sleep together and i'm the one putting the creams on his skin!
My boyfriend had poison ivy then it turned into impetigo. Could i get it? We sleep in the same bed and i also have been putting the cream on his skin
History: Spider bite : One lesion , rounded red maybe a spot where the bite occurred is visible as a tiny wound. P. Ivy: History of contact with the plant? Gardening? Diffuse area covering multiple areas of a hand, arm, leg etc. Intense itch. If unsure see a physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between poison oak and poison ivy?
- Difference between poison ivy and poison oak
- How do i tell the difference between poison oak and poison ivy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Poison oak and poison ivy difference
- What is the difference between poison oak rash and amoxicillin rash?
- What is the difference impetigo and ringworm?
- What is the treatment for poison ivy?
- Talk to a dermatologist online