Doctor insights on:
What Are The Differences Between Poison Ivy And Impetigo
Allergy vs infection: Poison ivy is an allergic reaction, not contagious and will resolve over time even if untreated. After each addition exposure to poison ivy (or poison oak), the reaction is stronger. Impetigo is an infection, typically due to staph aureus, and is contagious. Impetigo needs to be treated with an antibiotic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My boyfriend had poison ivy then it turned into impetigo. Could i get it? We sleep together and i'm the one putting the creams on his skin!
My boyfriend had poison ivy then it turned into impetigo. Could i get it? We sleep in the same bed and i also have been putting the cream on his skin
History: Spider bite : One lesion , rounded red maybe a spot where the bite occurred is visible as a tiny wound. P. Ivy: History of contact with the plant? Gardening? Diffuse area covering multiple areas of a hand, arm, leg etc. Intense itch. If unsure see a physician. ...Read more
I took Zyrtec last night to help w/itch &redness of poison ivy, but haven't seen much difference. Should I have by now or does it usually take longer?
Difference in leaf: The poison ivy is leaf is composed of three parts on the same level each the shape of an arrow head. See www.Poisoncontrol.Org on their plant section for a picture. If you flatten the sharp edges and make the leaves rounded like a pin oak you have the poison oak. The sumak is a long multipart fron that resembles more of a fern than a regular plant leaf, its small leaflets are similar ti the ivy. ...Read more
Vast: Ivy dermatitis is an allergic reaction present only on areas exposed to the sap of the plant. Itching is intense and blisters are common. Ivy dermatitis shows lines and patterns. Heat rash is diffuse and symmetrical. It is much less itchy. Blisters are not usually present. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between poison oak and poison ivy?
- Difference between poison ivy and poison oak
- Difference between poison ivy and scabie
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell the difference between poison ivy rash and bacterial infection?
- Difference between ringworm and impetigo
- Poison oak and poison ivy difference
- What is the difference between poison oak rash and amoxicillin rash?
- Talk to a dermatologist online