Doctor insights on:
What Are The Differences Between Dilated Cardiomyopathy And Viral Cardiomyopathy
Please help! what is the difference between dilated cardiomyopathy and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?
Different causes: The term dilated cardiomyopathy refers to enlargement of the heart, not uncommonly all four chambers . This may or may not be associated with changes in function . Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy ("hocm ") refers to an abnormal thickening of the left ventricle. ...Read more
What is the difference between idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure ? Both terms have been used these past 9 years
Disease vs. result: Idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy is a condition in which the heart muscle becomes weak without obvious cause. Some cases are genetic some may have been triggered by a virus. Congestive heart failure, is the result of the weak heart's inability to circulate the blood adequately. This may result in symptoms such as fatigue and shortness of breath and signs such as chest congestion and swelling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cor pulmonale: Cor pulmonale is right heart failure due to pulmonary(lung)disease. Generically we can say its right heart failure. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a condition of generalized heart dilation usually resulting in heart failure. Right heart failure often exists in dilated cardiomyopathy because of failure of the right ventricle. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic cardiomyopathy?
- What are the differences between viral hepatitis and alcoholic hepatitis?
- What are the differences between a pimple and a cyst in your skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the differences between asynchronous and synchronous cardioversion?
- What are the differences between psychiatry and neuropsychiatry?
- Pelvic exam vs. pap smear
- What are the differences between a ct and a ct urogram?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free