Doctor insights on:
What Are The Differences Between Arteries And Veins
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
What is the difference betweens the walls of the veins entering the atria and the walls of the arteries leaving the ventricle?
What are symptoms differences both common carotid arteries are compressed from that when both jugular veins are compressed?
One Hurts: When you compress both carotids, you only have two tiny arteries ("vertebrals") left supplying the whole brain. Ergo, you hit the ground unconscious. If the compression isn't relieved, you die fast. The veins are more compliant, but less redundant. Compression of the jugular leaves the brain with no backup drainage. You'll get a phenomenal headache as pressure builds up, then something will pop. ...Read more
Is there a significant difference between getting arteries from your arm for heart bypass instead of veins from your leg?
Maybe better: There is debate in cardiovascular surgery whether radial arteries have better long term results than saphenous vein grafts. Assuming the surgeon is experienced in handling the radial artery, the results are at least as good as vein grafts and maybe better over the long run. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Family DNA: Arteries become blocked with arteriosclerosis, and it tends to run in the family, and diet/lifestyle contributes to the progression. Veins become blocked with blood clots, and heredity can make one more prone to development of blood clots. Venous clots occur in the deep and superficial veins, and the former type requires anticoagulation. Prolonged travel, surgery are risk factors for clots. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between calcium plaque in the arteries?
- What is the difference between poor lymphatic flow and varicose veins?
- What is the difference between coronary artery disease and heart failure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- Difference between coronary artery disease and ischemic heart disease
- Difference between ischemic heart disease and coronary artery disease
- What are the functions of coronary arteries and veins?
- Difference between arteries and veins