Doctor insights on:
What Are The Dangers Of Mold In A Basement
Black mold: Usually black mold symptoms are that of allergy to molds. Black mold is more uncommon and the spores are large so it is not prominant as a allergen. The neurotoxic aspects to tricothecenes are controversial and not generally accepted at this time. Some black molds do not produce tricothecens so it depencds on the type, density, duration and individual susceptibility. ...Read more
Poor fish: Minimal, except for lack of aesthetic value. The likelihood of significant airborne mold exposure is low. ...Read more
Why are these: fumes in the house? Acute or chronic respiratory problems will arise, carbon monoxide exposure, toxic chemical inhalation. Do not breathe these fumes. Firefighters use respirators... Have a properly licensed contractor inspect and correct the faulty conditions. ...Read more
Moldy home: Living in a damp, moldy home can expose the patient to recurrent sinus and/or respiratory issues. Some of the exposed molds can be especially toxic including black mold. It is very important to have professional remediation to clean up and effectively remove all the mold. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most of it: The run off from farm fields is largely a suspension of the composition of the soils present on the farm. The concern on this would be whether fertilizers and anti-pest chemicals are mixed in with this. Organic farmers do not use these agents so their run-off is 'organic'. ...Read more
Allergy consult: The toxic effects from black moldt exposure are often exaggerated. A certain percentage of people exposed to it may develop asthma, hay fever, sinus infections etc. The best treatment is to move out of the place where the black mold has been found until the problem has been fixed. If problem continues, see an allergist. Do note that not all people become ill after mold exposure. ...Read more
Your mouse is dead?: Most likely anyway. Otherwise, unless you are licking the crumbs from the bottom of the toaster, you're in more danger from the reason that the mouse had access to your toaster in the first place. Mice are known to carry numerous diseases--best to call an exterminator, then the doctor if you have unusual symptoms that last more than 3 days. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Black mold not toxic: Extensive scientific studies of black mold show that mold, black or other colors, is not toxic to humans. If you have a mold allegy, then the spores may cause allergic eye, nasal and chest symptoms. The moldy smell can also be irritating to the respiratory tract. Mold growth indicates excessive moisture at the site of growth. The mold should be properly removed and the water leak repaired. ...Read more
Asthma attacks?: Pulmonary eosinophilia can be seen in a number of diseases, but is most commonly seen in asthma, where levels of eosinophils and their byproducts correlate with disease activity. Asthmatics can develop fixed changes in the airways, called remodeling, but the role of the eosinophil in this process is debatable. The primary risk associated with increased eosinophila in asthma is exacerbations. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A lot...: It depends on where you live, but a common parasite seen in the U.S. is Girardia. People who drink untreated river or stream water are susceptible to this infection. ...Read more
Do you know are the types of dioxins present in auto exhaust the type that bioaccumulate in the body for decades?
Danger seems minor: If you believed everything you read about dioxins, you'd be reading uncritically. It's enormously politicized, and much of what's written both by "greens" and "industry" is clearly bogus. Dioxins accumulate in the food chain, but are not specially stored in humans that ingest or inhale them; Mr. Yusuchenko got rid of the toxic dose quickly though he was left with scars. ...Read more
IN MY OPINION: NONE! The "neurotoxicity" of common molds is absolute NONSENSE! Furthermore the molds affecting normal foodstuffs are NOT AIRBORN! Furthermore the evidence for neurotoxic molds OF ANY KIND is DOUBTFUL ALLERGY YES NEUROTOXIC NONSENSE Again MY OPINION ONLY! Doctor Z ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could mold in my basement office cause headaches
- Black mold dangers
- Health dangers molds mildew
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for mold allergies?
- What are the symptoms of mold allergies?
- What are the effects of breathing mold?
- What are the effects of breathing in mold?
- The health effects of basement mold