Doctor insights on:
What Are The Consequences Of My Kid Having Bronchopneumonia
Is bronchial pneumonia contagious? My oldest son has had it for 5 days. Started abx yesterday. Will my other kids get it? Incubation period?
See below: 2 types of bronchial pneumonia: bacterial (you started your son on an antibiotic) and viral (no antibiotics and runs it course over time). Most will say it is no longer contagious when fever goes away. I will say good hand hygiene and not sharing saliva will decrease chances of transmission. Incubation period varies: 1-3 days-even as long as 7-10 days (depends on age and health/immune system). ...Read more
Infection of lungs: The short answer is the inflammation due to the infection of the lungs, bronchial tubes, and bronchioles. Often accompanied by fever, chills, cough, chest pain, fast heart rate and even increased work of breathing. Sometimes this is also referred to as "community acquired pneumonia". ...Read more
Antibiotics: You need a doctor to evaluate the situation clinically. Depending on your age and your response to the infection you may not need to be hospitalized, but leave your mind open. It is easier to treat bronchopneumonia correctly as early as possible than it is to get you better after you have taken a turn for the worse. ...Read more
Pneumonia: Bronchopneumonia is a different word for pneumonia, which is an infection in the lung tissue. It can be viral or bacteria (rarely fungal) and varies in severity from no fever, mild cough, to high fever, problems breathing and need for oxygen. When we listen with a stethoscope we hear something like velcro, and sometimes wheezing. A chest xray sometimes is needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the consequences of my kid having basilar skull fracture?
- What are the consequences of having coccidiomycosis?
- What are the consequences of having ovulation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of bronchopneumonia
- What are the consequences of having maternal septic shock?
- What are the consequences of having basilar artery migraine?
- What are the consequences of having posterior vitreous detachment?
- Talk to a pediatrician online