Doctor insights on:
What Are The Consequences Of Brown Recluse Spider Bite In A Child
Three pairs of eyes instead of the usual four makes the identification of the spider, the eyes making the face look like a human skull.Treatment includes dapsone. Bites often get misdiagnosed, and are frequently bacterial infections like mrsa. Brown recluse venom is a vasoconstrictor, and Nitroglycerin causes vasodilation and theoretically can prevent necrosis. Treat ...Read more
NOT surgery: The drug Dapsone is often advocated, but there is no firm evidence that it helps. Nitroglycerine patches may be effective; brown recluse venom constricts blood vessels and Nitroglycerin dilates them, but again, no proof that it helps. Surgery is ineffective and may actually worsen the outcome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Brown recluse bite: Severe symptoms include blistering (common), necrosis (death) of skin and subcutaneous fat (less common), and severe destructive necrotic lesions with deep wide borders (rare). Minor symptoms include severe pain of bite site after 4 hours, severe itching, nausea, vomiting, fever, and myalgias (muscle pain). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See your doctor!: These can be very problematic.Get a more detailed answer ›
See below: See www.Emedicinehealth.Com/spider_bite_brown_recluse_spider_bite/article_em.Htm for a great article about this. ...Read more
If you have an untreated systemic reaction to a brown recluse spider bite can you continue to have systemic problems?
After 1.5 years, my husband still has residual health problems from a brown recluse spider bite.Can you give us info on this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of a brown recluse spider bite?
- What are the causes of hoarseness and drooling in a small child?
- What are the causes of mucus and blood in a childs stool?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of a constant stomach ache and fatigue in child?
- What are the consequences of staying in a wheelchair too long?
- Explain the features of a brown recluse spider bite
- What are the signs of autism in a child?
- Talk to a dermatologist online