Doctor insights on:
What Are The Consequences Of A Heart Attack
It depends: In the proper setting with chest pain & abnormal electrocardiogram an elevated troponin (highly sensitive version) can indicate heart damage. However there are other possible explanations for an elevated level. These include congestive heart failure, pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs) or kidney failure. The pattern of the elevation over time is also useful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How reassured (typically that is) should one feel about the possibility of a heart attack after receiving a negative nuclear stress test result?
Not perfect: It is reassuring but not perfect. The nuclear study relies on differential distribution of blood flow and the dye. Most CAD show distribution in vessels unequally, therefore, the dye will be distributed unequally. If there is diffuse disease, the distribution could be equal and will miss the differential and will read as no disease. Talk to your md or cardiologist if in doubt of symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I got good blood lipid profile result,is it possible to get heart attack or suffering from angina.
Lipids: A good lipid profile lowers the risk of heart attack or angina. It is certainly better than having a high LDL or other negative lipid numbers. However, it is still possible to have a cardiac event even with good lipids. Heredity, diabetes, age, and smoking all can affect the risk of heart disease even in the presence of normal lipids. ...Read more
My mum died of heart related problem . I believe its heart attack as a result of high blood pressure.Do you think i might suffer the same fate?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the signs of having a heart attack?
- What are the symptoms of a heart attack?
- What are the symptoms of a heart attack in men?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the 4 signs of a heart attack?
- What are the symptoms of a first heart attack?
- What are the signs of a heart attack in men?
- What are the early warning signs of a heart attack?
- Talk to a cardiologist online