Doctor insights on:
What Are The Common Complications Of Spinal Stenosis
Weakness: Spinal stenosis complications depend on the region of the stenosis. Weakness, numbness. Tingling, paralysis, incontinence of bowel and bladder are all known complications. Talk with your doctor about specific complications based on the location of your stenosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Positional sciatica: Symptomatic spinal stenosis usually presents as radiating pain down the sciatic region of one or both legs. Because of anatomic considerations, the sciatica is typically positional. Leg pain, numbess, and/or weakness predictably worsens after a short period with the spine extended (standing upright/walking) and improves with forward flexion of the spine (sitting/hunching forward/fetal position). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Has anyone diagnosed "lateral recess spinal stenosis" in anyone under 25 yrs of age? How common is lrss in this age cohort?
Yes and not common: There are other issues that can lead to this like spondylolithesis which is found in 6% of the population and significant repetitive loading as with football can accelerate degenerative changes in the neck and back leading to this as well. Obesity and smoking will also accelerate degenerative changes ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have cervical spinal stenosis and mylomalacia. Always after a few hrs of activity i get headaches and have to lay flat. Is this common.
Have cervical dd & spinal stenosis. Extreme neck pain & now i feel swelling on back of my neck (left side only). Is the swelling common? Treatment?
Should not get: swelling from disc herniation and stenosis alone. It could be a deep infection, so it is best to see a doctor for evaluation. ...Read more
Depends: Surgery is typically a definitive treatment for the symptomatology, although, non-surgical management should be initiated first. Surgical Treatment for spinal stenosis usually consists of decompressive laminectomy (unroofing of the spinal canal) with or without fusion. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the most common complications of a nissen fundoplication for gerd?
- What are the common complications of splenectomy?
- What are the most common complications of shunt placement in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are common complications of spinal cord abscess?
- What are the common complications of autoimmune hepatitis?
- What are the most common complications of scid?
- What are the crippling symptoms of lumbar spinal stenosis?
- Talk to a neurologist online