Doctor insights on:
What Are The Chances Of Surviving A Pulmonary Nodule
It is a small: lung mass. There are benign and potentially malignant causes. Whether it needs workup depends on its imaging features and your clinical history. Sometimes a biopsy is necessary to determine what it is, other times it can be safely followed or ignored. The presence of calcification is important because most of the time a calcified nodule is benign. ...Read more
Probably so: Biopsy of a lung nodule depends on the size and location. A nodule smaller than 1 cm is difficult to biopsy. A nodule located too close to the heart or main blood vessels is difficult to biopsy. A nodule too adjacent to the ribs may also be difficult to biopsy. In your case ct follow up at intervals by established guidelines may be considered. ...Read more
Lung mass: If a lung mass is seen on chest xray or ct scan and the patient has a moderate risk of malignancy, often the next test is a positron emission tomography (pet scan). This test detects masses with high metabolic rates. Around 95% of patients with a malignant nodule will have a positive pet scan. It is falsely positive in about 21% of patients, meaning that it will suggest cancer when it is not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pulmonary nodule appears to be benign. Seeing pulmonologist. Should i bring up the emphysema at the same time?
What is histoplasmosis?Does it affects lungs forming very small nodule, bcz of my lung nodule.Can it be seen in ct, ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the chances of a premature baby surviving?
- What are the chances of surviving a diagnosis of head and neck cancer?
- What are the chances of surviving septicemia in the intensive care unit?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of smoker surviving lung cancer?
- What are your chances of surviving when your spleen ruptures?
- What the chance of surviving pneumonia while recovering on a stroke?
- What is a pulmonary nodule on the lung?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free