Doctor insights on:
What Are The Chances Of My Child Becoming An Alcoholic If I Am
See below: Higher than if you were not. There is a genetic component that may account about 50%. Also if you are active in your disease currently, he learns from you, your emotional status, how you regulate your feelings, etc. These are areas active alcoholics seriously lack. However recovering alcoholics that learn a new way of life such as in aa, remarkable transformations can take place! there is hope! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the medical term for the mental problems of codependency/adult child of alcoholic/para-alcoholic?
There isn't one: Since each person may experience a situation differently, many outcomes are possible. If pathology is there, it might be diagnosed differently. "codependent" is a common term, but it isn't a medical one. Depression and anxiety are frequent in people with such backgrounds. Sometimes they can also end up with compulsive personality features. Many other possibilities also. ...Read more
Husbands alcoholic cirrhosis is class B pugh child class. does his survival rate change since he drinks a pint a day and wont stop?
Hopeless: If he continues drinking, it will kill him just as certainly as if he refused to leave a burning house. ...Read more
Monitor child well: Any child who is exposed to an alcoholic parent is at risk of injury if in the car when an intoxicated person is driving, or if the caretaker is too intoxicated to monitor the child's safety. The risk of acquiring HIV from a household contact is low unless there is contact with blood or seminal fluid. Protective services should be contacted if there any concern for abuse or neglect. ...Read more
Mother is herself a product of two alcoholic parents, diag fas.Has child FAS no drink dur preg. Possible? What if mom drunk at time of conception?
FAS only slight poss: Fas only slightly a possibility.Get a more detailed answer ›
My father is an alcoholic, and I have drank before. Plenty of times. Does it run in my blood? What are my chances of becoming an alcoholic?
There is evidence of: Genetic transmission of the predisposition to alcohol problems, but that has mostly been shown in the sons of alcoholic fathers. Many of my colleagues advise anyone with a strong family history of alcoholism to not start drinking, and if they have started, not to continue. While i might not go that far, i would be very aware of development of problems - drink more than intended; loss of control. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i am a sexaholic what are the chanced of my children having this diease
- What are the chances of getting my partner pregnant if i pull out?
- If my boyfriend had an esophageal atresia what are the chances my child will too
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of getting a cold sore as an adult if you never get them?
- What does it mean if i have pain in the left part of my back where my ribs are?
- What are the chances of getting pancreatic cancer if my great grandpa had it?
- What does it mean if i am cramping in the second month of my pregnancy?
- Talk to a pediatrician online