Doctor insights on:
What Are The Chances Of Eye Laser Surgery Going Bad
Low: Generally, lasik is very safe and the risk of vision loss is far less than 0.1%. Like most surgeries, the risk of bad results decreases as the surgeon's experience increases. You should ask how many procedures the doctor has performed, what his/her rate of complications is, and the percentage of patients with similar prescription who have achieved their target result. This info should be available. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: It may take several days in my experience for the halos to go away. ...Read more
Risk Involved: Lasik eye surgery is one of the safest procedures of its kind, with an excellent profile and success rate. Major complications after lasik are extremely rare, occurring in less than 1% of all patients. Most side effects are minor and can be easily resolved. Some risk are: dry eyes, undercorrection or overcorrection, temporary discomfort. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many types: There are many different types of laser eye surgery used for many different conditions. Most require no preparation on the part of the patient. Ask your surgeon what your condition is, what type of laser eye surgery you are having, and what if anything you need to do to prepare. ...Read more
Varies: The general range in the usa is $2000-$4000. The level depends on the locale, competition and other factors. You will see advertisements for very low price but will find that when you get to the laser treatment center, there are "essential" add ons which bring the price into the standard range. You will pay out of pocket as there is no insurance coverage for this. ...Read more
Laser Eye Surgery: Is very advanced today with the use of Femtosecond Lasers. Risks have decreased significantly. Still risk remain of: needing touch up; dry eye (see email@example.com for treatments/prevention); infection (very rare); ectasia (very rare). See eyeMD for full evaluation if you are a candidate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects of laser eye surgery?
- What are the risks of laser eye surgery?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of turp versus laser surgery for bph?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the negative and positive aspects of laser spine surgery?
- What are the causes of floaters after laser eye treatment?
- What are the symptoms of your gallbladder going bad?
- What are the possible side effects of laser prostate surgery?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free