Doctor insights on:
What Are The Causes Of Viral Cardiomyopathy
Does any of these factors like stress, anxiety, tension, depression or smoking can cause dilated cardiomyopathy ?
Dilated Heart: No. The causes of dilated cardiomyopathy include damage to the heart from a heart attack due to atherosclerotic cardiac disease which affects the heart muscle or vessels to the heart. Other causes include certain infections and drugs such as Cocaine and alcohol. Certain medications can also cause this condition. Anxiety or stress do not cause this. ...Read more
Many viruses can...: Infect both the heart, your respiratory tract, or your GI system. Many patients who develop myocarditis from a virus have a fever or cold symptoms before their heart becomes involved, which they caught from a close contact. It is unpredictable who will develop myocarditis or cardiomyopathy from a virus, and fortunately this is rare. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes: Cardiomyopathy varies greatly in severity. If the heart muscle is extremely weakened, then the cardiomyopathy could be deadly. But in many cases, the cardiomyopathy is mild and should be well tolerated. So it really depends on how severe the problem is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of dilated cardiomyopathy?
- What are the causes of rotten egg burps and diarrhea?
- What are the causes of left arm pain radiating down to hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of temporary loss peripheral vision?
- What are the causes of chest and back pain when sneezing?
- What are the causes of black vaginal discharge?
- What are the causes of a throbbing pain in the thigh area?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free