Doctor insights on:
What Are The Causes Of Ruptured Blood Vessels In The Eye
What could cause a ruptured blood vessel under an eye? Will it go away? Had headache on same side a day before. I am on baby aspirin. Stop taking it?
Common in DM: Neovascularization in dm which causes proliferation of new blood vessles - defective structurally and fracture easily. Also other conditions like shearing force from blunt trauma, athletic events related injuryhead injury , htn, vasculitic conditions like rhumatoid arthritis from inflammation of vessels, head rocking in children, structural abn.Aneurysms of vessesls, anticoagulants-asa, Coumadin (warfarin) it occ. ...Read more
Eye hemorrhage: If your are describing a redness confined to a segment of the white of one eye this may be a subconjunctival hemorrhage.These can be caused by trauma, coughing, straining, weight lifting but are most often occur with no noticeable cause. High BP and anticoagulant meds can potentiate these.These are often benign and require no treatment.Slight tenderness is common but pain/visual loss are not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In or on the eye?: If you mean those that are on the white of the eye, they can certainly be prominent. If they have become this way recently, you should have your eyes examined. If you can see a branching pattern when your eye is rubbed (don't try this if you don't see it), you are experiencing the vessels of the retina in a negative fashion. This is normal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ruptured blood vessel in eye
- Ruptured blood vessel in eye treatment
- What are the causes of broken eye blood vessels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What cause broken blood vessels in the eye?
- What cause blood vessels to burst in the eye?
- Causes of burst blood vessels in the eyes
- What causes a broken blood vessel in the eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free