Doctor insights on:
What Are The Causes Of Incontinence In Teens
Weak pelvic floor: Muscular support allowing stress urinary incontinence causes wetting with coughing, sneezing etc), which can increase after childbirth or after menopause when ovaries stop producing estrogen and bladder neck and urethral lining thins out. Cystocele where bladder tends to prolapse into vagina. Uterine prolapse. Fistula between bladder and vagina. Many women are incontinent with urinary infections. ...Read more
Childbirth can: In many women the problems develop from childbirth but do not appear till years after delivery of multiple or large babies. To know if she has incontinence and what treatments are available, a woman should overcome shyness and tell her gyn provider. A referral to a urogynecologist might be needed also. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Procedures can: In many men the problems develop immediately after surgery, eg. In others they develop in the later years. To know if he has incontinence and what treatments are available, a man should overcome embarassment and tell his primary care provider. A referral to a urologist might be needed also. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Long answer: There are different types of urinary incontinence. The two main types are stress urinary incontince (sui)(involuntary urine loss secondary to sudden / intense increase in abdominal pressure), and urge urinary incontinence (uui) ( loss of urine secondary to an involuntary bladder contraction and associated with the urge to urinate). Sui is cause by weakening of the pelvic floor. Uui hasothercauses. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of angina in early teens?
- What are the causes of sudden increase in pulse rate in teens?
- What are the usual bacterial causes of pneumonia in tweens and teens?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the common causes of joint pain in a 25 year old patient?
- What are the causes of a growing pain sensation in the legs from the knee down?
- What are the causes of wbc rbc in urine?
- What are the common causes of sudden loss of vision in the lower half of one eye?
- Talk to a pediatrician online