Doctor insights on:
What Are The Causes And Risk Factors For Stomach Cancer
I am having constant indigestion since last 4 months which respond to antacids. Could it be due to stomach cancer? (no risk factors)
Not likely: You are not likely to have stomach cancer at 18 years old. It sounds like you are having reflux. Here are some things to try to see if you can get rid of it without having to take antacids. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, mints and eating large meals. Maintain a healthy body weight. Exercise every day. Add a daily probiotic. Don't eat within 4 hours of going to bed. See doctor if needed ...Read more
Several risk factors: Stomach cancer happens when a mutation in one of the stomach's normal cells leads to cancerous transformation. Although no one knows exactly why this mutation happens, there are several risk factors for stomach cancer including asian ethnicity, smoking, a family history of stomach cancer, and infection with the bacteria h.Pylori. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ulceration: most stomach cancers have been shown related to helicobacter pylori. It has shifted the lesion from prepyloric to cardioesphageal in nature. The organism causes ulceration which heals by bringing bone stem cells to repair damagte and then the bug toxins converts to stem cells to malignant stem cells progressing to adenocarcinoma. The lesions then bleed, ulcerate and can obstruct. ...Read more
After eradicating Helicobactor (Hb), how much will stomach cancer likelihood (caused by Hb) be reduced?
Possibly.: Gastritis is inflammation of the lining of the stomach. Gastritis can be caused by irritation due to excessive alcohol use, chronic vomiting, stress, or the use of certain medications, such as aspirin. Gastritis may also be caused by helicobacter pylori, a bacteria that can live in the stomach. Without treatment, this infection can lead to ulcers and, in some people, stomach cancers. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes and risk factors for vulvar cancer?
- What are the causes and risk factors of gi cancer?
- What are the causes and risk factors of diabetes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the risks and the recovery period for a carotid subclavian bypass?
- What are the six main risk factors for cardiovascular disease?
- What are the causes and treatment for atelectasis of lungs?
- What are the usual causes and treatment for headache at the base of the skull?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free