Doctor insights on:
What Are The Bright Areas That Show Up On An Echocardiogram
Echo refers to reflections of sound waves, typically 0.5-10mhz, sent through a body structure, all variants of water density. Cardio refers to heart. Gram refers to a picture or graphical representation of the data. A form of us, these help see certain aspects of our hearts behavior/function, real-time in motion picture video. Quality & usefulness varies widely as ...Read more
Echocardiogram: Measurements are age related. You can go to the website of the american society of echocardiography. ...Read more
Will echocardiogram show blockages in heart? I'm 6ft, 150lbs, athlete (39y/o) and had one 5 years ago. how often are they 'good' for?
No: An echocardiogram at rest will not show blockage. If the blockage has caused damage 9heart attack) this may be seen on the echo as an area of abnormal wall motion. An echo done during a stress test (stress echo) can indirectly indicate if a portion of the heart is suffering from reduced blood flow - which would indicate a significant blockage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cardiac echo is also known as Echocardiogram. Cardiac echo is a somewhat redundant term for "echocardiogram." during this painless procedure, harmless sound waves are passed into the chest and reflected back, providing a detailed image of the heart, measures of the flow of blood within it, and information about certain structures which surround ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the red and blue that shows up on a thyroid ultrasound?
- What the percentage kidney stones will show up on an ultrasound?
- Are there symptoms of oral cancer that show up on other areas of your body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do the yellow colors mean on an echocardiogram?
- Is it possible to get an std from oral that will show up the next day in mouth?
- Does an aortic aneurysm show up on a routine echocardiogram?
- What are the red blotchy spots that appear on skin when you drink too much?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free