Doctor insights on:
What Are The Best Treatments For A Partially Torn Acl
Tx based on symptoms: Not all partial ACL injuries are the same. There are 2 bundles to the acl. Both can be partially injured or torn. Each bundle can also tear in isolation. If instability is the main complaint, partial ACL injuries eventually are managed surgically. If both bundles are significantly torn, a standard ACL reconstruction is performed. Isolated am or pl bundles can also be individually reconstructed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Magnet for acl: Not much data on that.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: Non surgical treatment for acl ruptures includes physical therapy to stregthen your hamstrings as well as wearing a brace that stabalizes your knee. The acl will not heal on its own but many people can live a normal active life without having their acl reconstructed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
SURGERY: To repair, with rehab for it to heal properly. ...Read more
Is is it better to get surgery sooner or after some physical therapy for a torn acl/mcl and meniscus?
Depends: If the ACL has not retracted, it may heal on its own, sometimes it does not. When it does not, then physical therapy and braces can be used to strengthen the knee overall. If you are not a very active person this may be just fine, however ACL replacement surgery is an option. If you do not want surgery than stem cell therapy can be used to heal tissues/ligements. Check out Regenexx.Com. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends : If your knee is giving out, the partial tear may be more significant. If no giving way, you might be back within 6-8 weeks but must pass some functional tests before returning to sports. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for a partially torn acl tendon?
- What are the treatments for a torn muscle in the arm?
- What are the treatments for a torn groin muscle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatments for a skin rash from mineral oil?
- What are the treatments for klebsiella pneumoniae from a urine culture?
- What are the treatments for a pulled sartorius muscle?
- What are the treatments for a group b strep urinary tract infection?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free