Doctor insights on:
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Cpap
Continuous positive airway pressure involves the constant application of external pressure to all phases of breathing. The patient would feel as if breathing against the constant headwind. Inhalation would be easier as the pressure enables air entry. Exhalation prevents complete relaxation. This can be helpful in obstructive sleep ...Read more
What is the minimum nightly time in terms of hours of CPAP usage to achieve a therapeutic benefit?
Depends on how bad: Depends on how bad the sleep apnea is. If the apnea is mild you might have to wear the device all night to see a difference while someone with severe sleep apnea might see some difference with only an hour of real sleep since this would be more than they get in a whole night without cpap. It's best to use all night to avoid desaturations that lead to heart and brain issues of course. ...Read more
Started my cpap treatment 2 weeks ago now and getting some benefits, or at least the wife is. Anyway I have been getting a lit of nausea during the day since starting. Is it related?
My husband has been using a cpap for15 years. Sometimes he makes a huge swooshing sound in the night. Is this normal?
I have been using a CPAP for 17 years. I am always tired because it wakes me throughout the night. How can I get off the CPAP?
Using a cpap, understand distilled water the way to go. Child uses distilled with minerals added for taste on formula. Ok for me to use in cpap?
Keep trying: CPAP is the gold standard treatment for osa, and it works very well. Try it, and hang in there...You can get used to it over time. If you just cannot tolerate wearing the cpap, then you have 2 options. #1-see your dentist who can make you a mouthpiece type of appliance than can improve your airflow. #2 talk to your md about surgical options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the benefits of using a kickboard when swimming?
- What are the health benefits of using a steam room?
- What are the benefits of using a trampoline for weight loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the health benefits of using a juice extractor?
- What are the benefits of using a stairmaster?
- What are the benefits of using a waist trimmer?
- What are the benefits of using a pedometer?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free