Doctor insights on:
What Are The Alternative Treatments For Hereditary Kidney Disease
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
PKD: As of now there are no definitive treatments for polycystic kidney disease. At this time you treat the side effects (high blood pressure, infections, discomfort from large cysts). There are many studies going on currently to find a cure or treatment for pkd. Most patients are on an ace inhibitor for high BP control. ...Read more
CKD & homestasis: Kidney maintains body homeostasis by various ways, such as excreting metabolic waste, synthesis of hormones, vitamins & maintaining bone health. It regulates BP, volume status, electrolytes & acid base status. CKD affects all of this body homeostasis & eventually increase cardiovascular mortality. It’s hard to explain the treatment of CKD in few words. Talk to your doctor about CKD. ...Read more
Not effective: In my opinion.Get a more detailed answer ›
Dialysis: When your kidneys function less than 6 cc per minute calculated filtration rate, you should go on dialysis. Normal rate is about 60-75cc per minute. Unless you get chest pain , shortness of breath or severe swelling, you may not be ble to tell the difference between mild, moderte and severe kidney disease. You should bemonitored by a kidney specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Stop drinking. Often the liver improves.Get a more detailed answer ›
What is the new treatment for poly cystic kidney disease ? Rather than life style modification by diet and water
Not yet. : There are several experimental medications undergoing evaluation in clinical trials, however at this time in the us there is no specific medicinal treatment for PKD other than supportive care. Blood pressure control is paramount, and some evidence suggests ace inhibitors as being first line agents. Follow the advice of your nephrologist. Best of luck. ...Read more
What is the best treatment for costochondritis if I cannot take anti-inflammatory medications due to chronic kidney disease?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are treatments for parenchymal kidney disease?
- What are the alternative medicine treatments for pulmonary fibrosis?
- What are the alternatives to surgery for cervical degenerative disk disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatments for degenerative disc disease nerve damage?
- What are the treatments for coronary artery disease to improve the quality of life in the long term?
- What are the treatments for degenerative disc disease arthritis of the spine?
- What are the treatments for hand foot mouth disease in children?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free