Doctor insights on:
What Are The Alternative Medicine Treatments For Pulmonary Fibrosis
Sorry: True hamman-rich pulmonary fibrosis is refractory to treatment, and if some chinese herb worked, the research piranhas at the nih would have snapped it up immediately. "chinese herbs" are unregulated, often not what they're supposed to be, and some are deadly poisons that have produced epidemics of liver failure. I'm sorry about your lung disease but don't make it worse. ...Read more
None: There is no herbal therapy that is effective for this very serious issue. ...Read more
Person (65 years old) suffers from sever cough and difficult in breath . Doctors said its pulmonary fibrosis? Please what's drug or treatment to him?
No good treatemtns: Unfortunately, there are no good, effective treatments for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Many have been tried, such as steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, and a drug called mucomyst, but the studies done have not shown significant efficacy. Treatment is mainly supportive. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: It depends on why you have pulmonary fibrosis. Some variants respond to therapy, and others have no known effective therapy, and others still respond to removal of the source of irritation that caused it. Your pulmonologist should help determine the kind of fibrosis you have (through history, examination, a ct scan and then possibly a biopsy of the lung) and then direct therapy. ...Read more
There aren't many...: Unfortunately, there are not many treatments for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis that have been shown to work. Mainly, the focus is on comfort and symptom management. Sometimes, oxygen can be of benefit. I would also get him evaluated for pulmonary rehab. Although there is no cure, there are many people who can live a long time with ipf. It depends on how bad it is. He should def. See a lung doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for acute pulmonary edema with cirrhosis of the liver?
- What are the alternative treatments for hereditary kidney disease?
- What are the treatments for mushroom allergy symptoms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatments for circulation problems after surgery?
- Are there any alternative medicine treatments for emphysema?
- What are the best treatments for a partially torn acl?
- What are the treatments for skin bleach burn?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free