Doctor insights on:
What Are The Affects Of Nitroprusside Used In Conjunction With Dobutamine
Depends on dosing: Dobutamine is an agent that helps the weak heart pump better by stimulating beta receptors in the heart. At lower doses it doesnt affect the blood vessels but higher doses it can also lower the tone of the ateries and makes it easier for the heart to pump. This tone is aka systemic vascular resistence. By lowering the svr the cariac out put will increase. Nipride (nitroprusside) has no beta stim effects only svr. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Nitroprusside: We use nitroprusside in emergent conditions when we need to rapidly decrease peripheral vascular resistance. Although there are other options, for those acute emergent hemodynamic situations for which we need nitroprusside, there are no alternatives as controllable as nitroprusside. ...Read more
Best to ask a nurse: Physician training and nurse training are very different. From a physician's perspective, i would want a nurse to monitor vital signs and cardiac telemetry. Nurses would obviously want to check on IV site, drug mixture, drug compatibility (if infusing more than one drug), etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is dobutamine used for in the body?
- What is the treatment available for dobutamine extravasation?
- What is the care of a patient on dobutamine for chf?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between persantine and dobutamine?
- What is the difference between dopamine and dobutamine?
- I am going for a dobutamine stress echo cardiogram what should i expect
- Uses of antibiotics
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free