Doctor insights on:
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Pacemakers
A pacemaker is a device which sends electrical signals to the heart triggering heartbeats when needed. There are many ways to implant and configure a pacemaker; it may beat the top chambers (atria), lower chambers (ventricles) or both. Some systems stimulate both the left and right ventricles together. Pacemakers generally treat abnormally slow heart rhythms and certain ...Read more
Multiple: Pacemaker ensure that the heart rate does not fall below a minimum programmed value. Dual chamber pacemakers restore the coordination (known as atrioventricular synchrony) between the upper and lower chambers of the heart. Pacemakers can also function in a limited capacity as monitors of heart rate, rhythm, and in some cases, estimate the degree of heart failure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there any side side effects of implanting 2 chambers pacemaker? What is the advantage of a single and dual chamber?Thank you
Dual: Chamber preferred if sinus rhythm present...No difference in potential complications. ...Read more
Heart device.: A cardiac pacemaker is a device that is implanted in the chest to permanently regulate heartbeat rhythms. The pacemaker monitors the heartbeat to make sure it is not beating too slowly, and when necessary transmits electric pulses to the heart to increase the heartbeat pace. Pacemakers are periodically replaced every several years when the battery runs out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Slow heart rate: The typical reason to get a pacemaker is slow heart rate *hr), say, below 40 beats a minute. Some people get pacemakers because their hr won't increase with exercise. The most common reason is atrial fibrillation, which can often lead to slow hr. Slow hr causes fatigue or out of breath with exertion or passing out. Some people get special pacemakers to improve heart function if the heart is weak. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the disadvantages and advantages of fertility treatment?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of turp versus laser surgery for bph?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for hemophilia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the endoscopic laser spine surgery?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of cardiac ablation?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of endoscopic laser spine procedure?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for melanoma?
- Talk to a cardiologist online