Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Things I Can Do Now To Prevent Arthritis Later In Life
Arthritis prevention: There are different types of arthritis. If you are talking about osteoarthritis which is the most common form, much of this is genetically pre-determined. Having said that, given that it is largely a mechanical issue with cartilage erosion, how you use your joints has some bearing though far from complete. Other factors such as diet and supplements are still open for discussion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son is 18yrs old and was diagnosed w/rheumatoid arthitis last year. He now wants to sign up for the marines. Can this condition prevent him from doing so?
OA vs RA: Arthritis is a group of over one hundred different conditions so i will discuss the two most common types. Osteoarthritis (oa) is best prevented by exercising, maintaining normal body weight, and avoiding injury. The chance of developing rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can be lessened by not smoking. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Avoid overweight: Staying close to ideal body weight is the only way we can prevent degenerative arthritis. Foot arthritis could probably be prevented by avoiding shoes with a tapered front. Special cases include preventing gout by staying thin and avoiding too much red meat, fructose, and alcohol; and preventing lyme arthritis by wearing deet and doing tick checks daily in summer in endemic areas. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Move and Stay thin: Maintaining a healthy weight and moving your joints everyday is a good way to prevent arthritis. Exercises that allow your joints to maintain their full range of motion are the best. Don't forget your small joints such as your fingers and toes too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You can't: Many forms of arthritis have a strong genetic component so you cannot prevent their development. Certain lifestyle activiies are helpfull. Keeping you weight down and routine exercising is very important. Maintaining good posture for the spine and good sleeping habits is also helpful ( not too many pillows). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- What are some small things i can do during the day to help burn off calories?
- What are some things i can do to stop a cronic migraine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some over-the-counter things i can buy to get pregnant?
- If my arthritis starts hurting again in my hands what can i do to help it
- What can i do to prevent a recurrence of a blood clot in my calf?
- I have a cold my whole life now what can i do to finallystop it
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free