Doctor insights on:
What Are Some The Major Complications Of A Broken Femur
Busted Bone Blues: Among the serious complications are fat embolism (where droplets of oil float in the blood and travel to cause problems in other vessels), DVT and pulmonary embolism (leg blood clots traveling to the lung), hemorrhage due to arterial injury, nerve injury, shortening or rotation of the extremity if not positioned correctly to heal, and chronic pain associated with non-union, even after surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Moist clammy skin: The most common symptoms of shock include: an extremely low blood pressure; feeling weak or nauseous; chest pain; fast but weak pulse; profuse sweating; dizziness, faintness or light-headedness; moist, clammy skin; unconsciousness; rapid, shallow breathing; feeling anxious, agitated or confused; blue lips and fingernails. With bone injury there is a danger of fat embolism - stroke, lung injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain, Swelling: Pain, swelling, tenderness.Get a more detailed answer ›
Many possibilities: Nonunion. Malunion. Chronic pain. Infection. Nerve & muscle damage. Abnormal gait. Inability to walk/run. Therefore, make sure you go see doc for evaluation & treatment. You may need referral to orthopedic surgeon. Depending upon how/where your femur was fractured & what level of care is available to you, operative care may be necessary. ...Read more
If displaced it coul: If the ankle fracture is displace it could result in instability of the ankle joint leading to deformity arthritis and pain. If the fracture is non-displaced immobilization will allow it to heal uneventfully. You should see your doctor for care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the average healing time for broken femur?
- What are some common complications of gerd?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken thumb?
- What are some of the major branches of the coronary arteries?
- What are some of the major causes of infertility in couples?
- What are some major concerns with adult stem cells?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free