Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Symptoms Of Renal Artery Disease
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
Aretherosclerosis: Of renal artery is most common cause, next is fibromuscular dyplasia. Other causes are uncommon & include neurofibromatosis with a fibroma causing stenosis, arteritis or a renal artery aneurism.. Ras itself does not cause symptoms & found during or following work-uop for refractory hypertension. Uncontrolled hypertension can cause headaches & at worst acute heart failure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Variable: The exact diameter is not the issue since many people have small arteries with no problems. The problem usually is in the stenosis i.e. Constricted area. More than 60% stenosis (narrowing) is considered severe. However, severity by itself is not the only reason to do intervention (put a stent) since if the kidney function, bp, potassium are stable with no resistant edema observation only is chosen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Renal artery Doppler: Doppler ultrasound uses focused sound waves to measure the velocity of blood flowing through the renal artery.If the blood flows more rapidly through the artery it suggests that there is a narrowing in the artery. The focused sound waves can also be used to locate where the artery is narrowed. Because it is an indirect measure of narrowing, it is used as a screening test only. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of carotid artery disease?
- Symptoms of renal artery aneurysm
- What are some of the risk factors associated with coronary artery disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is renal artery stenosis?
- What are some of the other symptoms of wilson disease?
- What are some nutrition deficiency diseases and their symptoms?
- What are the symptoms associated with coronary artery disease?
- What are some alternative treatments for renal artery stenosis?