Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Some Ways To Keep The Respiratory System Healthy And Clean
Biased answer: Coming from the lung department, I may be a bit biased, but there's not much you can do without oxygen (O2). Consider having poor lungs - depending on the type of lung impairment one has, the O2 may not be passed to the blood efficiently or the O2 might not be able to get into all of your air sacs as they should. O2 is needed to generate enough ATP, the fuel your body needs for...well, everything ...Read more
My colleague uses a lot of hand sanitizer to clean her tables. Can the alcohol evaporated from the sanitizer damage the eyes and respiratory system?
Unlikely an issue: Direct contact of the sanitizer with the delicate surface of the eye would be harmful. However, the dissipation of the alcohol vapor as it evaporates from the cleaned surfaces has such a low concentration that harm to the eyes or lungs would be unlikely. Using such products in open spaces is less worrisome than those that are confined and poorly ventilated . ...Read more
All: All house hold chemicals have potential harm to some people. The us government require a special label explaining how each product is to be used and what precautions to take when using. Never take for granted using a simple benign looking product without following the directions. Fatal combination of products can occur easily if you don't read carefully what the label says! read label! ...Read more
I am a high school health science teacher and we are covering the respiratory system. I need to find out what conditions a bronchoconstrictrictor would be rx'd for.
Asthma will be prob.: The diving medical community is divided on the question of asthmatics diving. The uk, which has the most permissive guidelines, allows people with well-controlled asthma, who meet several additional criteria, to dive under certain circumstances. In australia, it is essentially forbidden for asthmatics to dive. You should consult a diving medicine specialist in your area for specific details. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good ways to stay healthy when the rest of your family is sick?
- What are some diseases and disorders of the respiratory system?
- What are some habits to promote a healthy circulatory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some diseases that affect the respiratory system?
- What are some good fruits and veggies to help clear the bowels?
- What are some over-the-counter medicne or other ways to get pregnant easily?
- What are some ways to fix the hacking cough brought on by copd?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free