Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Signs Of Ventricular Tachycardia
No specific signs: You can not determine if an abnormal heart rhythm is due to VT by how it feels. Vt is, by definition, a fast heart beat so people may feel pounding in their chest. Depending on the rate, they may become dizzy, short of breath, have chest pain, get sweaty and/or pass out. None of these symptoms are specific for vt. The rhythm must be recorded on ekg or on a monitor for definitive diagnosis. ...Read more
Rapid heart beat is a symptom in which a person's heart is beating fast. A fast heart rate can be normal if a person is excited or exercising. Sometimes a rapid rate is called sinus tachycardia, atrial flutter, or atrial fibrillation, etc..., depending on the type of arrhythmia (heart ...Read more
See below: Normal heart rhythm arises in specialized cells within the right atrium called the sinus node and then is propagated over specialized conducting tissue into both ventricles. When an irritable focus in a ventricle begins firing independently repeatedly or in a repetitive loop, initiating it's own renegade rhythm at a rapid rate, it's called ventricular (where it starts) tachycardia (rate >100). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
VT, long QT: As usual this is far too complcated for the space here. You need an etiologic diagnosis for the arrhythmia and an estimate of the type of long QT syndrome present. There are several genotypes of long QT. Once this is done, there are drugs, electrophysiologic testing/therapy and device therapy all possible as well as anatomic or physiologic therapy depending on what is thought to be the cause ...Read more
Life threatening: Ventricular tachcardia is a life threatening arrythmia. Its the rythm that needs to be "shocked". The pts in persistent v-tach is when shocking or medicine doesnt restore normal sinus rythm. The pt usually expire. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some of the signs of a broken or fractured hand?
- What are some signs of chihuahua pregnancy?
- Can you have shingles more than once and what are some of the signs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken wrist?
- What are some signs of having blood clots in legs?
- What are some of the danger signs lumbago?
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken ankle?
- Talk to a cardiologist online