Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Side Effects Of Prednisone
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
Very few: Short courses of Prednisone or Medrol are commonly used for a a variety of conditions like acute gout, poison oak, and allergic reactions. Since the treatment is less than a week, there are few potential problems. Some patients have a little insomnia or anxiety with the higher doses given in the first few days of the pack. ...Read more
How long do the side effects of prednisone last? It caused a bad rash (check the possible side effects if u don't believe me) and it won't go away.
Dose dependent: It is usually a few days. Everybody reacts differently. Sorry. If you feel your breathing worsening or heart fluttering you will want to be checked. Some concern is why were you started on the steroid and is this a reaction or symptom of the problem that was coming. Just be safe. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some side effects of smoking cigarettes for young female teens?
- What are some of the longterm side effects of rituxan?
- What are some health side effects of concrete demolition dust?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to use hcg drops and what are some side effects of it?
- What are some side effects of a colonoscopy egd test?
- What are some bad side effects of gingko biloba?
- What are some side effects of the depo-provera shot?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free