Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Safety Precautions I Should Take For My Newborn Baby At Home
Safety is a topic that includes recommendations for making the home and outdoor environments safe, especially for kids. This topic includes ideas on childproofing cabinets, keeping dangerous items locked up, ensuring balconies and stairs are safe, covering wiring and outlets, fencing off pools, staying away from cars, watching ...Read more
Approved car seat: Safe travel with your infant in a car begins with a properly installed, rear-facing approved car seat. For longer rides you will need to plan for frequent stops to feed, move about, etc. You may want to shield your baby from direct sun light and bundle up if it is cold outside. Mirrors which attach to rear windows by suction make it easy for you to check on your baby using the rear view mirror. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Accident prevention: I find that anticipation works best.Think of you baby's abilities 4 mos from now and take precautions. At 2wks guard against falling, smothering, choking, and being too rough in shaking.Make sure they sleep on their back! consider pet safety. Don't smoke.Lock your weapons properly now. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Be cautious: As babies learn to walk, they will grab anything to hold on, including electrical cords attached to coffee pots. Babies fall often at this stage and furniture with sharp edges or stonework may be dangerous. Burns and drowning are possible hazards at this age as baby explores the house. Avoid small toys or toys with small pieces that may break off and become lodged in the throat or lungs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Be cautious: As babies learn to walk, they will grab anything to hold on, including electrical cords attached to coffee pots. Babies fall often at this stage and furniture with sharp edges or stonework may be dangerous. They seek out water and are at risk of drowning in buckets, toilets or tubs. Some have wondered out of the house into the street at this age. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i take precaution at sex?
- What are the precautions i should take to avoid psoriasis?
- What are some precautions i can take to avoid having an allergic reaction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What precautions should i take when using aha products?
- What precautions should i take exercising before and after pregnancy?
- What precautions should i take when starting exercising when i am obese?
- What precautions should i take before taking a blood stool test?
- Talk to a pediatrician online