Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Quick Procedures That Can Successfully Remove Pet Dander
Real estate agent: Find one. Buy new house. Leave pet behind. There are no other "quick procedures". Moving pet out is your best solution in long run. Keeping pet off furniture, bedding & out of laundry room helps. A hepa air purifier reduces airborne pet dander as will keeping windows open. For effective hepa calculate volume of home. Hepas must move that amount of air every 10 minutes. It's a big investment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can pet dander be removed from cars successfully? I'm sensitive to pet dander. Should i buy a used car with pet dander in it?
No: You can't get rid of all the dog allergen, although you can reduce it by bathing the animal twice per week, vacuuming with a filtered vacuum, having hard floors and using a hepa filter. This is a lot of work though, so it's often better to relocate the animal outside if possible or not to have a pet in the first place if you have allergies. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mostly research test: It's usually not necessary to test to see if you have pet dander. If you have a pet, you have pet dander. If you don't have a pet, some houses still have detectable cat allergen even when there has not been a cat there for substantial amounts of time. Testing is usually done mostly for research purposes though. You can take measures to mitigate, like hard floors or hepa filters, without testing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Animal Allergy: Spending time around an animal you are allergic to should give you an idea if you have symptoms. If still unsure, your friendly allergist can test you to animals and give you a specific answer. ...Read more
Allergy Testing: Although you may already have a good idea that you are allergic to animals due to symptoms that occur upon exposure, allergy testing will help confirm your suspicions. Please don't be fooled by pet stores that advertise certain breeds as "hypoallergenic" because they don't shed their hair. It is the microscopic bits of skin or dander that cause most of the symptoms, and all dogs shed skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good exercises that someone can do at home for a torn acl?
- What are some foods or vitamins that can help my eye sight to be better?
- What are some colors that can help reduce eye strain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some exercises foods that i can eat to get rid of my stomach fat?
- What are some nutrient rich foods that you can add to your daily diet?
- What are some of the easy exercises that i can do for weight reduction?
- What are white spots that acure on your body how can you remove them?
- What are some activities that can improve your cardiovascular system?