Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Physical Therapy Exercises For A Torn Meniscus
In the knee joint there are two types of cartilage, articular cartilage and meniscal cartilage. The meniscus is a triangular shaped piece of fibro-cartilage that sits between the femur and tibia. The meniscus can tear as a result of injury or secondary degenerative changes that occur over time. Because the meniscus cartilage dies not have it's own blood supply, tears often ...Read more
Many: Physical therapy and rehab exercises for tears of the meniscus will vary based on the severity of the injury, so check with your physical therapist or doctor for specifics. In general, any exercise that strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, calves and hips will be beneficial, as will ones that improve balance (proprioceptive exercises), flexibility, and range of motion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Limped due to a torn meniscus since age 12 have brace that helps with pain but still cant walk without limp I did physical therapy but it didn't help?
A stroke on 6/4/12 had in-patient therapy came home and fell torn meniscus on effected right side. Should surg be done?
I have a torn meniscus, an orreous structure, and a possible paramenial sist. What is the common treatment for such an injury? And how long is the recovery?
You did not mention: where your torn meniscus is, shoulder or knee? parameniscal cysts suggest the knee. I would trust that your orthopedic physician has recommendations for treatment, as injuries such as meniscal tears do not ever go away. They weaken your knee in a chronic way and do not typically heal on their own (like most cartilaginous injuries). Please see your orthopedic physician right away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need arthroscopy: Usually arthroscopy can fully determine and often treat a torn meniscus. Mri might be interpreted incorrectly and often a surgeon will either find the MRI not representing what they see during video arthroscopy. The ulcer however should be better explained as it can be due to a number of causes and treatment will vary depending on the cause. Find an orthopedic specialist who treats athletes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good physical therapy exercises to do for a torn meniscus?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a herniated disc?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for the deltoid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some physical therapy exercises for back and abdominal strength?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a left thumb phalanx injury?
- What exercises help or hinder a torn meniscus?
- What exercises can i do with a torn meniscus?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free