Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Treatments For Hip Fractures
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
What is the best treatment for a man who is 45 years old, has degenerative spine disorder and multiple fractured hips?
One guided by a good: Orthopaedic surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have an urgent questions about hip avulsion fracture? What are the signs and treatment methods for a hip avulsion fracture?
Mostly non surgical: The sign is pain and limited mobility of the involed hip . The vast majority of avulsion fractures heal very well without surgical intervention, but be sure to talk to your doctor about the best treatment for your specific injury. ...Read more
I guess pain: "hip/pelvis stress fracture" a curious medical diagnosis & one this doctor has never heard for symptoms in these structurally firm bone regions. Fractures (cracks) in these bones by & large occur from significant trauma & not from repetative biomechanical "stress"; unless person has severely advanced demineralization or wasting of bone mass & integrity from advanced age and/or a specific disease. ...Read more
I have a stress fracture in the neck of my hip bone and a torn labrum, what is the usual treatment and recovery time?
Fracture priority: First priority is the fracture. See an ortho doc immediately. This can cause significant probs if not treated. Some stress fx's of fem neck need surgery. Once fracture is dealt with, then deal w the labrum. If surgery needed for stress fx, then possible surgery for both at same time if ortho doc does arthroscopy too. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for a hip stress fracture?
- What are the treatments for a hairline fracture of the hip?
- What are some of the treatments for metatarsal bone fractures?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the symptoms of a fractured ankle?
- What are some treatments for heart disease?
- What are some common treatments for hypernatremia?
- What are some of the treatments for bow legs?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free