Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Treatments For Hip Fractures
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Cast or boot & rest: Most mildly displaced to nondisplaced traumatic or stress fractures of the metatarsals heal well without the need for surgery. There are a few exceptions, including a specific fracture of the 5th metatarsal called a jones fracture. A boot walker or a cast are often used for treatment, and typical healing occurs in approximately 6 weeks. Crutches may also be used with the cast or boot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Truss: The only non-drug (and nonsurgical) option is to wear a truss, which is basically a brace that pushes on the hernia so that it stays reduced (inside the abdomen). This is not very effective and I would recommend you have surgery to repair the hernia if you are having symptoms. There is no medication that will help aside from something to dull the pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many: A lot depends on age, location, displacement, open or closed, comminuted or simple. Ur orthopedic surgeon will decide on how 2 treat ; many times this changes as the fracture is followed. Any loss of position may change the treatment plan . So anywhere from casting to reduction ; casting 2 surgical fixation, either external fix . Internal fix. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for a hip stress fracture?
- What are the treatments for a hairline fracture of the hip?
- What are some of the treatments for metatarsal bone fractures?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the symptoms of a fractured ankle?
- What are some common treatments for hypernatremia?
- What are some of the treatments for bow legs?
- What are some natural treatments for psoriasis?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free