Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Symptoms Of A Hip Fracture
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Hip groin pain: Hip symptoms are felt in the groin. But a fracture can occur in a variety of areas in the hip and can be felt in general in different areas. A lot of people complain of pain along the outer pelvis. This is usually not where you feel hip pain and more often bursitis of the hip. ...Read more
Femur: The hip is the top portion of the femur or thigh bone. The hip is a ball-and-socket joint. ...Read more
Pain, can't walk: Femoral neck fractures are extremely debilitating. Elders get these fractures commonly and may have the affected leg shorter than the other and/or rotated. The patient will not bear weight on this side. Sometimes these fractures are less obvious, requiring advanced imaging studies (like mri) to detect. In this case, if you give a tap on the heel, sometimes the patient will feel it up in the hip. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The hip joint is a ball and socket joint where your femur meets the pelvis. Most hip fractures occur with falls in the elderly or motor vehicle accidents. The most common would be fractures of the top part of the femur bone and the femoral neck or intertroch region. Less common fractures are socket or acetabular fractures. Avulsion of muscle ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some of the symptoms of a fractured ankle?
- What are some of the signs of a broken or fractured hand?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a broken or fractured hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken rotator cup in the shoulder?
- What are the treatments for a hairline fracture of the hip?
- What are the major symptoms of a stress fracture in your foot?
- What are some of the symptoms of a bone infection?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free