Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Symptoms Of A Fractured Ankle
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Swelling and Pain: If your experiencing swelling, pain, decreased range of motion or anything out of the ordinary for you and it lasts more than a few days then get it checked by your doctor. Use the rice method to help- rest, ice, compression and elevation. Your whole hand's function is dependent on your thumb. If your thumb doesn't work, neither will your hand. I would get an x-ray if not better in 3-5 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain :-( : If you have sustained trauma and have immediate discomfort and difficulty moving the arm the possibility of a fracture exists. Sometimes people complain that they feel the broken ends of the bones moving as well. If suspicious, it is worth having an xray sooner rather than later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain/swelling/others: A colle's fracure is an acute fracture of the wrist end of the forearm bones. The larger radius is usually knocked off the end of the shaft and the smaller ulnar bone is fractured. You usually do this by falling on the outstretched hand. Immediately you will have deformity, swelling, pain, perhaps numbness and will not want to use it. It is a serious fracture and should be seen immediately. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: Swelling, pain, inability to stand or walr, disfigurment of extremity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some of the symptoms of ankle bone hairline fracture?
- What are some of the symptoms of a hip fracture?
- What are some of the symptoms of fracture of knee cap?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken ankle?
- What are some symptoms of chronic inflammation in my ankles?
- Symptoms of a stress fracture in the ankle
- Ankle hairline fracture symptoms
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free