Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Symptoms Of A Broken Hand
Often the same: Symptoms of hand fracture and sprain include pain, swelling and decreased motion. Hand fractures and sprains can occur from similar mechanisms of injury. Moreover, what looks like a simple sprain can be a complex fracture that requires treatment (immobilization or surgery). Therefore, it is important to be evaluated if symptoms from hand/finger injuries don't improve after a few days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was bitten by a dog and sufferred some puncture wounds and a broken hand. The doctor prescribed amoxicillin. Its rwo days later and the swelling h?
Several: After your doctor has removed the cast or approved it, you can start your own home physiotherapy by reducing swelling/stiffness. Common methods involve increasing motion often easiest in a hot bath. Use massage with the other hand to push swelling out of the hand (up the arm direction) and actively and passively move the joints of the hand as tolerated. Elevation and compression can help also. ...Read more
Fracture: Healing is ususally complete within the first 2 months, but not always. And occasionally bones heal but in the wrong position. So, the first question is whether it's in fact healed. Next, if it's healed but in an abnormal position, is it bothering you? And then, if it's bothering you can it be improved functionally without surgery. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on: The break. If the fracture is in good alignment it may be treated by casting. If it is poorly aligned it may require manipulation then casting. If unable to align the bones with manipulation or if the fracture is unstable it may require surgery to pin or plate the fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some of the signs of a broken or fractured hand?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a broken or fractured hand?
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken ankle?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken thumb?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken or sprained ankle?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken foot top by big toe?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free