Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Signs Of A Broken Or Fractured Hand
Pain, Swelling: Pain, swelling, tenderness.Get a more detailed answer ›
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Pain, swelling, loss: Of motion, deviation, rotation, stiffness, throbbing, numbness, discoloration, tightness all can be symptoms of a finger fracture. If one suspects a fracture, then elevation, ice , splinting and urgent evaluation is needed as many seemingly simple fractures in the hand require a detailed understanding of what to do to optimize healing and return of function. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
Swelling and Pain: If your experiencing swelling, pain, decreased range of motion or anything out of the ordinary for you and it lasts more than a few days then get it checked by your doctor. Use the rice method to help- rest, ice, compression and elevation. Your whole hand's function is dependent on your thumb. If your thumb doesn't work, neither will your hand. I would get an x-ray if not better in 3-5 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain: Pain on bending or locking clicking point tenderness swelling echymosis see a doctor who can take an xray if they feel it is necessary. ...Read more
Ankle injury: Pain especially increasing with weight bearing, swelling of the ankle, bruising of the skin, loss of function, decreased range of motion are some of the signs. This type injury requires an examination and often an x-ray to determine the proper treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the signs and symptoms of a broken or fractured hand?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken hand?
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken ankle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Signs of a broken hand bone
- What are some signs that my hand nerve damage is healing?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken finger?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken thumb?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free