Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Risk Factors Associated With Coronary Artery Disease
Coronary artery disease is the leading cause of death and disability in adults in the U.S. It develops when lipid (fatty) plaques builds up in the arteries. Eventually, the plaque can occlude the artery, thereby stopping blood flow to the organ supplied by that artery. If the artery supplies the heart, blockage causes a heart attack. If the blockage is in a brain vessel, the ...Read more
There are many: There are many risk factors - from gender (men are at higher risk when they are younger, but this changes with age) to other diseases (obesity and diabetes) to cholesterol levels to activity to smoking - and beyond. The best thing to do is to talk to your doctor about your health - what matters to one person may not matter to you! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Time of onset: Researchers have shown the earliest manifestations of coronary disease in teenagers that have died from car accidents and soldiers that died on the battlefield. In both types of research, the patients included were either teenagers for in their early 20s. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
5 risk factors: The 5 major risk factors are cigarettes, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, diabetes mellitus, and family history of coronary artery disease. The more of these risk factors you have, the higher the risk of coronary artery disease. However, the absence of any of these risk factors is not absolute protection against coronary artery disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms associated with coronary artery disease?
- What are some of the common podiatry problems associated with laxity?
- What are some of the consequences of coronary artery blockage?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatments for coronary artery disease to improve the quality of life in the long term?
- What are the most common symptoms of coronary artery disease?
- What are the symptoms of clogging arteries with heart disease?
- What are the consequences of ignoring coronary artery disease?
- Talk to a cardiologist online