Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Of The Long Term Consequences Of Bradycardia
Slow heart rate is a symptom in which a person's heart rate (the number of heart contractions per minute) is less than normal for the average person of the same size, doing the same activities. For adults, slow heart rate usually means a rate below 50-60 beats per ...Read more
I am 67 years old and wondering if my bradycardia is the result of having had diptheria at the age of 3 years old. ?
May be best to leave: It may be best to leave it alone, especially if the low heart rate is not causing any symptoms like fainting. Vagotomy (surgically crushing some of the vagus nerve fibers) as well as vagolytic medications (which block the vagus nerve) are available, but why mess with this unless the condition is causing u symptoms? Count ur blessings, most people die from hypertension & fast (too fast) heart rate. ...Read more
C below: Nope. Bradycardia does not cause chest pain. If it is related to exercise, and depending on the quality, you might likely need further testing even though you are 21. A 21 year old should not be having chest pain when exercising. Describe it in more detail to give better answer ...Read more
This was my first ECG and the result was sinus bradycardia , possible inferior infarct, age undetermined ...does this mean the reading could be wrong?
Hi my gestational age is 7 wks and my obstetric scan is over the result is embryonic cardiac activity present but IRREGULARITY NOTED WITH BRADYCARDIA ?
Too early to worry: At such an early gestational age, it is difficult to assess the significance of heart rate and its predictive value as to the outcome of this pregnancy. The best solution would be to reassess by ultrasound in 1-2 weeks, as there is little to nothing that can be done to change whatever might occur with this pregnancy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the long term consequences of a shattered pelvis?
- What are the long term effects of taking miralax?
- What are the long term side effects of lisinopril?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the long term effects of having spondylolisthesis?
- What are the long term effects of deviated septum surgery?
- What are some long term effects of epidural steroid injections?
- What are the long term effects of carpal tunnel surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online