Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Nutrition Deficiency Diseases And Their Symptoms
Too involved: Common nutritional deficiencies in the us are usually seen in alcoholics and include thiamine, magnesium, protein and folate deficiencies. Women in reproductive phase may have iron deficiency due to menstrual blood loss. People with eating disorders often have multiple deficiencies of vitamins and minerals. Symptoms: anemia, weakness, neuropathy, skin rashes, failure to thrive etc. ...Read more
Is bipolar disorder is caused by a nutritional deficiency that can be completely corrected by diet?
Yes: Magnesium and riboflavin deficiencies may contribute to migraines. You can check blood levels of these but want to look at intracellular rather than serum magnesium. Certain foods also may be triggers such as hard cheeses, chocolate, caffeine, processed or cured meats, red wine, alcohol, food preservatives, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there a way to comprehensively test for vitamin/mineral deficiencies? Does anyone have experience with Spectracell nutritional testing?
Yes & it's very good: Seek an integrative medicine doctor in your area to test you, and go over the panel results with you, and their lead clinical doctor to see where you are short, and what can easily be corrected through dietary means. It may take 1-2 years to be corrected or sooner, if you can get rid of offending agents like processed foods, sugars, sodas, GMO sugar, potato, wheat, corn, and have fresh foods. ...Read more
NO: You can get headaches from prolonged sun heat exposure, doesn't have anything to do with deficiencies except for maybe h2o. ...Read more
Typically not: Nocturia, as peeing at night is called, suggests too much fluids before bed and not voiding before sleep. Drugs like diuretics used to treat high blood pressure can also cause increased urination and there are some reports that too much (more than1.000 iu) vitamin d can also cause it. Polyuria, peeing alot, may also be a sign of too much blood sugar. See a doctor if you are also very thirsty. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Deficiency diseases and their symptoms
- What are some signs and symptoms of cyanosis?
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of hand foot and mouth disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of graves disease?
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken ankle?
- What are the signs and symptoms of long term vitamin d deficiency?
- What are the causes of vitamin d and iron deficiency besides nutrition?