Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Good Exercises For A Runner While A Broken Foot Is Healing
Talk to your Doctor: Depending on the bone injured and whether or not you are allowed weightbearing or are in a cast can change the suggested exercises. Talk to your doctor to see if you can be permitted water therapy, which provides a great cardio workout without the impact risk. Upper body exercises are also a good option as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How do I know if my broken foot is healing? Are there any signs besides xrays? I don't have a dr only went to ER 5 weeks ago. Didn't see the ex rays
Upper Body: Try bench exercises and upper body workouts. If you are out of the cast and bones are healed you can try swimming, being careful not to push off if your are doing laps. It's best to get the "all clear" from your doctor following an exam prior to exercising, the last thing you want to do is exacerbate your current injury or create a new one. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Speedy recovery: Factors that may speed your friend’s recovery include: immobilization, elevation, good nutrition, follow the physicians’ instructions and tell them not to smoke. Bone healing usually takes 4-8 weeks depending on the type of fracture. Each person has a different healing potential depending on age and overall health. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Have broken foot? Is it alright to go grocery shopping & walk long distances in surgical shoe or boot, or is it better to limit walking during healing
That would depend: On the nature of the break: if it was displaced or not, what bone and where the break was in the bone. Your treating doc would best be able to answer. ...Read more
Broken foot, been in boot cast 3 wks, 3 weeks w only ACE bandage. Foot still bruised, no swelling. When will bruise go away? It's healing!
Foot fracture: It can take several weeks for bruising and discoloration and swelling to completely resolve. Meanwhile, make sure you are under the care of your physician, pcp, or foot specialist and following their guidance. Make sure the progression of healing is checked every visit and with serial xrays. Be sure to rest and elevate and bear no weight upon your broken foot- unprotected ! use crutches ! -h-. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good physical therapy exercises to do for a torn meniscus?
- What are some good exercises that someone can do at home for a torn acl?
- What are some good rehab exercises for a knee ligament injury?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What some arm workouts i can do while my broken hand is in a cast?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a left thumb phalanx injury?
- What is the typical healing time for a broken arm?
- What are some good tips for home care of a baby with rsv?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free