Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Effective Herbal Appetite Suppressants I Can Buy Otc
Safe ones?: Well, "safe" is a matter of opinion . 1. Phentermine is given and is cheap (15.00 at costco pharmacy). It is a schedule 2 drug and needs to be monitored monthly. Usually good for 3-4 months only. 2. Topamax is another one. Lots of side effects though. 3. Any stimulant (adderall, concerta, ritalin....) causes appetite suppression. Diet and exercise are still the hallmarks of weight control. ...Read more
Appetite suppressant: Appetite suppressants can help to reduce hunger to some degree. I would not rely on this as the major method of weight loss. Healthy food choices and exercise are the best ways to control weight. The most effective "pill" was fen-phen, and although it worked, it caused serious health risks. So, if you can, try to avoid diet pills altogether. ...Read more
Yes: Any chemical that you take into your body that produces a change in the way your body functions (for good or for ill) is, be definition, a drug. Government regulations may group things into "drug" and "non-drug" categories for regulatory purposes but they are still drugs. Herbal and dietary supplements can have a huge impact on the drugs your doc is prescribing so please tell them everything! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Appetite meds: If you can't lose weight and have tried exercise you might be a candidate for a trial of appetite suppressants. They work especially well for those who need to lose about 20-50 pounds. Seek out knowledgeable experienced physicians regarding the use of these meds. Your success depends on the physician and program. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I seem to have an insatiable appetite. Are there any appetite suppressants that are healthy and really work?
Insatiable?: Beside the other recommendations, i would like to add the following: when patients have that behavior, could be related to depression, psychosis, personalities disorders, compulsive, etc, please check with your primary and he can determine any referral to psychology or psychiatric for complete evaluation or treat., if it indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some low calorie foods that i can use as appetite suppressants?
- What are some over-the-counter things i can buy to get pregnant?
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some physical therapy exercises i can do for my sprained hand?
- What are some eye exercises i can do when i have double vision?
- What are the herbal remedies for cold i can give to a five year old child?
- I really want to lose some weight what are some subtle changes i can make
- Talk to a general internist online for free