Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Effective Herbal Appetite Suppressants I Can Buy Otc
Safe ones?: Well, "safe" is a matter of opinion . 1. Phentermine is given and is cheap (15.00 at costco pharmacy). It is a schedule 2 drug and needs to be monitored monthly. Usually good for 3-4 months only. 2. Topamax (topiramate) is another one. Lots of side effects though. 3. Any stimulant (adderall, concerta, ritalin....) causes appetite suppression. Diet and exercise are still the hallmarks of weight control. ...Read more
Appetite suppressant: Appetite suppressants can help to reduce hunger to some degree. I would not rely on this as the major method of weight loss. Healthy food choices and exercise are the best ways to control weight. The most effective "pill" was fen-phen, and although it worked, it caused serious health risks. So, if you can, try to avoid diet pills altogether. ...Read more
Yes: People with high blood pressure should not take chemical appetite suppressants. Also, check with your doctor to make sure the active ingredients don't interact with any medications you are on. There is little evidence that appetite ssupressants help with weight loss. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: But they are usually unsafe or can have detrimental side effects on the cardiovascular system. ...Read more
Perhaps: Different appetite suppressants have various chemical structures- some of which may show up as an amphetamine like drugs at least on an initial screening. However, the true nature of the drug should be clarifie once there is confirmation with gas chromatography mass spectrometry. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some low calorie foods that i can use as appetite suppressants?
- What are some over-the-counter things i can buy to get pregnant?
- What are some herbal mixtures that help suppress your appetite?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i take to increase my appetite?
- What can i take to curb my appetite?
- What otc meds can i use to treat adhd?
- What can i buy for pink eye?
- Talk to a general internist online for free