Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Drugs That Cause Hypotension After Surgery
Several: Any of the drugs that are used to treat hypertension can cause hypotension. Diuretics for instance cause an increase in urine flow and can lead to hypotension. But more importantly, if a patient has a low blood pressure following surgery, one should consider that the patient may be bleeding. Also some medicines used to control pain or anxiety could lead to hypotension. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hypotension is also known as Low blood pressure. Hypotension is defined as "low blood pressure". Blood pressure is measured as two numbers and expressed as systolic blood pressure (sbp) / diastolic blood pressure (dbp). The sbp is the pressure that is generated when the heart squeezes. Dbp occurs when the heart relaxes. 120/70 is considered normal in adults. Less than 100/60 (of either number) can ...Read more
Several things: Lots of things can cause low blood pressure. If it is related to surgery, the first thing i would consider would be bleeding (bad to miss and easy to correct). The anesthetic agents themselves can lower blood pressure. If the patietn had a heart attack during surgery the blood pressure could be low. So the anesthesiologist must figure out which problem it is, as the treatment depends on the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have low blood pressure. 100/55 to 90/50 unless anxious! My dad has to have surgery for aortic aneurysm. Does this mean I will get one cause low BP?
My 11 yr old son fainted frm low blood pressure 90/53 & dehydrtion 3 days aftr oral surgery.Now 3 days after faint & still low.His reg BP was 110/68. ?
Needs more fluids: Nutrition and fluid intake following surgery is vital. Not having enough fluids will certainly result in dehyration, low blood pressure, and possible fainting. If your son does not feel better after increasing his fluid and food intake, he should be evaluated by the surgeon or his pediatrician. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes?: I not sure why she needed surgery but if it was an emergency you should be concerned.However it is not very uncommen that BP will need to be supported in the perioperative period in the elderly especially if they have comorbidity and the majority eventually do well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good minerals and herbs to help a bone fusion after having surgery?
- What are the causes of shortness of breath after surgery?
- What are the chances that my glioblastoma will come back after surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of an acute renal failure after open heart surgery?
- What are the causes of congestive heart failure after open heart surgery?
- What are some of the causes of hypotension?
- What are some causes for red spots on my eyelids and under my eye?
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free