Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Disadvantages Of The Cervical Cap
A few: Some women are allergic to spermicides, the cap could potentially be moved with some positions, and the cap should not be used when you are menstruating.The risk benefit ratio is very weighted in favor of the cap. ...Read more
Barrier Contraceptiv: A cervical cap is a form of barrier contraception. It is filled with some spermicide and inserted over the cervix to prevent pregnancy. Modern cervical caps must be fitted by a clinician due to the wide variation in cervical size. They are not often prescribed nowadays. Cassanova is credited (?True) with inventing the cervical cap by using half of a lemon. ...Read more
Cervical Cap: A cervical cap is inserted prior to relations, unlike a diaphragm it can remain in place for up to 48 hrs. The advantage is that it can be placed long before you have intercourse so that lovemaking isn't interrupted. You must check it's position before you have relations. It's more popular on the west coast so it may be difficult to find a physician who is comfortable fitting you. ...Read more
At least 6 hours: Each time you have intercourse, check that the cervical cap is still covering the cervix. You can leave the cap in place and insert more spermicide deep into your vagina. The cervical cap must stay in place six hours after the last intercourse. Do not leave the cervical cap in place for more than 48 hours. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some of the disadvantages of a laser eye surgery?
- What are some disadvantages of minimally invasive surgery?
- What are some disadvantages of using the birth control patch?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some disadvantages of using the male condom?
- What are some of the symptoms of fracture of knee cap?
- Cervical caps
- Cervical cap body
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online