Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Different Wrist Strengthening Exercises
Light weights: Use light weights - as low as 1 lb., build over weeks to max 10 lbs. Do 10 "reps" (1 set) of wrist flexion -palm up, relaxed, curl your hand closed continuing as far toward the crook of your elbow as possible. Do to count of a slow 1, 2, 3 with 1, 2, 3 for reverse movement. Rest between sets for 3 sets. Palm down, gripping weight, bend wrist again toward crook of elbow for 3 sets of 10 .Reps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to regain complete mobility in hand and joints after wrist fracture like before and also suggest strengthening exercises after wrist fracture.
Physical,therapy: And stretching and strengthening.Get a more detailed answer ›
Please tell me what are some good exercises to strengthen the wrists whilst minimising the risk of injury until they get stronger?
Use dumbbells: And high repetitions with light weight to start. Do it from a sitting position with your forearms in your thighs so you work only the forearm muscle groups. Do it both directions with the hands facing down and up ...Read more
Wrist 'rollers': Wrist' rollers ' are an excellent way to increase wrist and forearm strength and are commonly performed by top- flight baseball players and golfers. Do them correctly!( look them up). Best of luck! ...Read more
Many different ones: Exercises that focus on gripping, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls all will help strengthen the muscles which span the wrist joint. ...Read more
6 pack hand exercise: are good for the hand AND wrist. Strong grasp is part of good wrist function. Additional exercise involve the forearm muscles. The fingr flexors and extensors and the forearm extensor and flexors cross the wrist. Biceos and Tricep exercises are inportant to and doing those work the wrist. AS FAR AS PAIN, exercise may not be a solution to wrist pain and any pain should be EVALUATED BEFORE exercise ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some exercises to strengthen your ankle and reduce the risk of injury?
- What are some good neck strengthening exercises?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a torn meniscus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some physical therapy exercises for the deltoid?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a left thumb phalanx injury?
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- What are some good exercises for a runner while a broken foot is healing?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free