Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Common Ways A Teenager Can Go Blind But Not Instintly
Blindness: Blindness can occur hereditarily or more often from trauma to the eyes. Diseases such as brain tumors or disease of the eye can cause blindness. A poor lifestyle, poor diet (too much sugar and sodas esp. Diet soda) and being overweight can eventually cause blindness years later because of diabetes ii that is now more common in teen agers. Masturbation does not cause blindness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blind teens: If born sighted, and in the absence of something obvious like trauma, the conditions that can gradually cause vision loss in the teen years are inherited and acquired retinal dysfunctions (like retinitis pigmentosa), tumors in the eye and cns, uncontrolled diabetes with retinopathy, and severe nutritional deficiencies. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Temp. blindness: High intensity light, or Hysterical blindness.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends on level: Blindness can be defined in several ways. Obviously someone with no light perception in either eye is absolutely blind. The legal definition in most states is 20/200. Blindness can be caused by several inherited disease, diabetes, trauma and some infections. All of these can lower the vision. So how common, not too common but many are blind to various degrees. ...Read more
Amarosis fugax: Temporary blindness (amarosis fugax) can be caused by many issues such as migraines, severe high blood pressure, severe low blood pressure, carotid stenosis, inadequate posterior blood circulation to the brain, irregular heart beat, clotting disorders, certain cancers (directly or indirectly), psychiatric disease or many others. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some ways to avoid having a wet armpit so that i will not smell bad?
- What are some natural ways to make my knee swelling go down?
- What are the most common causes of sepsis in people that do not have a spleen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some good exercises that someone can do at home for a torn acl?
- What are some ways to have a miscarriage?
- What are some ways to help a man last longer during sex?
- What are some ways to aim for a healthy diet?
- Talk to a pediatrician online