Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Common Reasons I Might Have Developed Gallbladder Polyps
The gallbladder is a sac-like structure located under the right lobe of the liver. It is attached to the common bile duct via the cystic duct. The gallbladder can store bile when the bile is not needed, and can squeeze bile into the bile duct and intestine for digestion when a person eats larger ...Read more
Do not worry: I would repeat sonogram in 6 months in the same facility so they can compare the studies. Is polyp is increasing in size or is more then1cm - recommend gallbladder removal. In my experience most of them turn out to be a soft gb stone. If you having symptoms of typical for gallbladder stones ie. Right upper abdominal pain, pain radiating to right back or shoulder then etc. Then remove it sooner. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Taken literally: Only the number. But both conditions, regardless of number of polyps, is abnormal. Gallbladder polyps, unlike others in the GI tract, are formed by cholesterol crystals. So if you have symptoms with either finding, your gallbladder is the likely source of it. Ask the doctor who ordered the test to see if you are a surgical candidate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yearly gallbladder scan for 4 mm polyp since 2009 no changes tomorrow due for yearly how likely to suddenly change ?
Repeat ultrasound: I suggest you repeat the ultrasound of the gallbladder. ...Read more
Asking again have gallbladder polyp u/s every year no changes since found 2009 tomorrow is yearly how likely changes ?
Gallbladder polyp: Depends on symptoms and size of polyps. If no symptoms and polyps are less than 10mm in size, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy recommends annual ultrasounds. If polyps increase in size surgical removal of gallbladder is recommended. In one large study about 3.5% of polyps increased in size within a year. Yours seem stable. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
I have polyps in my gallbladder the largest being 6mm without change over the past couple of years, there are several others, do I need it out?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some reasons that the doctor might tell me to have a splenectomy?
- Why might be some reasons i am not ovulating?
- What are some of the common reasons for having puffy eyelids in the morning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some reasons a regular menstrual cycle might become very irregular?
- Describe some reasons why a patient might have abnormally low blood cholesterol
- What are some common symptoms of having a heart murmur?
- I have been diagnosed with a gallbladder polyp which is 12mm
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free