Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Common Misconceptions About Hbv
Hepatitis b is a viral liver disease. Until vaccines were developed this was a very common cause of hepatitis, and still is in some countries. Hep b is a progressive chronic disease which can lead to cirrhosis and also to cancer of the liver. It is also implicated in the causation ...Read more
Several: With chronic infection at risk for liver cancer (hcc) and routine screening is needed....Most adults clear infection without need for hospitalization ..... Resolved hep b or infection in past that your body has cleared has risk of reinsurance if immune system is compromised like with chemotherapy or long term steroids .... There are some very well tolerated oral medications for chronic infections. ...Read more
Can a pap smear detect the most common std's like chlamydia, genital herpes, HIV infection, gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis and hepatitis b?
Hepatitis B: Hepatitis b is a virus that tends to infect the liver in humans. Transmission from person to person is by intimate contact (sexual activity) or blood exchange. There is a readily available blood test to see if you have it, and there is a vaccination available (3 shots over 6 months) to prevent you from ever getting it. Hepatitis b can lead to chronic infection and cirrhosis, possibly cancer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some common myths and misconceptions about hepatitis b?
- What are some common stds?
- What are some common treatments for hypernatremia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some common stoma problems?
- What are some common complications of gerd?
- What are some common digestive system disorders?
- What are some common symptoms of having a heart murmur?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online