Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Colors That Can Help Reduce Eye Strain
Warmer: Many people feel the warmer (lower k temperature) colors are more pleasing. There is a setting for this under your monitor control. Also, some feel a slight yellow tint to computer glasses reduces glare and increases contrast. Making sure the resolution is set to a native value on lcd displays makes text sharper as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Take breaks : Doing close work such as computer work or reading gives eye strain for 2 reasons. Muscles inside eyes get tired and you blink less causing dry red eyes. Close eyes for few seconds after each page of reading. Use nonglaring paint. Use a antiglare screen OB computer only if you find it soothing. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Blurry vision: Pinhole glasses, like squinting, help to refine your focus generally with distance viewing. The pinholes limit the amount of light entering your eyes and therefore are not practical way of helping your vision. The ophthalmologist uses pinhole acuity to help determine whether a refractive error exists. The pinhole glasses are harmless. Better approach is just getting a refraction for glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does anti glare glasses help to reduce eye strain?I use laptop for long time.I am taking frequent breaks as suggested here to reduce eye pain.Thank yu
I use my Macbook Air for many hours, writing/reading.Are Gunnar glasses (or the like) useful to reduce eye strain? Or is f.lux a better option? Thanks
Yes!: First, make sure your glasses are appropriate and the clearest they can be. Adjust your ambient lighting for least glare. Use artificial tears if necessary and practice the 20/20 rule: at least every 20 minutes, look up at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some brain activites that people can do to help prevent memory lost?
- What are some healthy foods you can eat that will help you lose weight?
- What are some foods that can help you lose weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best color combination on my computer to help reduce eye strain?
- Can pinhole glasses help improve eyesight or reduce eye strain?
- What are some activities that can improve your cardiovascular system?
- If your not eating right what are some things that can happen to your body
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free